Heartbreak High: A Break-Up Simulator
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Imagine you're the most popular kid in school. So popular, in fact, that you're dating every single person in your class. The only problem? You've decided to break up with all of them, one by one.
Heartbreak High is an arcade-style spin on visual novels and dating simulators that asks you to break up with all of your high school sweethearts instead of woo them. A single play-through can be completed in one 20-40 minute sitting, with each break-up featuring a unique branching story path and lovable (or unlovable?) characters for you to crush beneath your feet over and over again.
If you couldn't already guess, it won't be easy. There's only 40 minutes until the end of the school day, and on top of that you must be careful not to act too cruel, too sexy, too selfish, and more... sometimes you'll have to stay tactful and sympathetic, while other break-ups will call for a somewhat firmer approach. It's as stressful as the real thing, baby!!!! And that's not even mentioning the various surprises and obstacles that'll get in your way!!!!
- over 15 unique choose-your-own-adventure-style break-up encounters (any less than that wouldn't have been stressful enough)
- multiple playthroughs encouraged - try saying something different next time because there's some wild stuff in there
- nearly everything on screen is hand-drawn (including the typeface and menus even!) which i think is very impressive don't you??
- an extensive original soundtrack by Ronnie Dezsi that brings every character (and menu screen) to life
- very funny writing (i know that's subjective but it's also definitely true in this case, sorry)
- there's a bunch of mini-games!!! they're like little tiny games inside of the bigger game, if you can believe it
- lots of fun characters that are cute and might make you sad to break up with
- it's a cheap quick game that doesn't take very long to play!!! it respects your time!!! isn't that nice!!!
- i made this game almost entirely by myself! my name's Alec Robbins! hello!
- there's a FREE PLAY mode where you can't lose but you also can't get to the final level. it's also good for role-playing without penalty!
- you can get chocolate in the game but you can't use it for anything. i should have taken that out of the game actually
- a surprise ending... not allowed to say more... my apologies for even bringing it up in the first place...
- maybe you can even choose NOT to break up with them??? would that give you a different ending??? maybe??? hmm???
[game developed by GOOD BIT]
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files: